Ordering / Payment Policies:
Deposit / Final Payment:
Your initial 25% retainer deposit reserves your event date and is applied to your order total. This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. Final payment must be made no later than 7 days prior to the event date, or your order is subject to cancellation. Orders placed with less than 1 week notice require payment in full at time of booking.
Cancellation / Refund Policy:
Notification of cancellation must be made no later than 2 weeks prior to the event date. Cancellations made after this timeframe are not entitled to a refund of any monies paid and cannot be applied to future cake purchases. Note: Your initial retainer deposit is not refundable at any time.
Final Cake Design / Changes to Order:
1. Final cake design must be completed no later than six weeks before the event date. Orders placed later may incur additional rush order charges based upon time and product availability.
2. Reasonable changes to your order may be made up to 2 weeks prior to the event. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed. Additional costs may be incurred depending on the nature of the changes. In such event, a change order addendum that describes such changes and any resulting additional charges will be necessary. We may not be able to accommodate changes of dates, location and delivery due to prior scheduling of other contracts.
Equipment Deposit / Rental Fee:
1. There may be an additional deposit for cake stands or other hardware. These deposits will be based upon the value of the items being used/rented. These deposits should be in a separate check, received with the Final Payment. This check will not be deposited, but held in trust and returned when equipment is returned within 3 days and in good condition. Rental fees are based upon the type of equipment being used and will be added to your order total.
2. The value and shipping of any broken or missing pieces will be deducted from your deposit. In the event you neglect to return our set by 72 hours after the event, your deposit is forfeit.
3. I am available to pick up equipment at the end of your event for an additional fee (based on location).
Delivery / Set-up:
1. Delivery and set-up of wedding cakes is a flat fee of $50 in the Tucson area. A $10 delivery fee will be added to all other orders.
We will take photographs of our cakes and/or may order copies of pictures from your photographer. We reserve the right to use any photographs for our own reference or for display and/or promotion without compensation to you.
Allergy / Fresh Flower Waiver:
1. Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
2. If fresh flowers are provided by an outside source, you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
Any cake placed outside during an event has the possibility of being affected due to temperature, wind, dust, bugs, etc. Direct sunlight and temperatures of 75 degrees and higher may have drastic and adverse effects on any cake. We cannot be responsible for any adverse effects to the cake should you choose it to be set-up outdoors.
Fancy Cakes by GiGi promises you the best product and service we can provide. However, we cannot be held responsible for anything that should happen to the cake once delivery is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table for the cake.
Should an unforeseeable event or emergency occur which prevents us from fulfilling our obligation and we must cancel our agreement with you, we will refund your payment in full. If possible, we will also work with you to find another qualified baker to assist you and will cooperate in transferring any materials to the new baker.